Clinical pointers: COVID-19 in primary care
The COVID-19 pandemic presents primary care with significant challenges, both at individual practitioner and organisational levels. This module provides practical support to general practitioners by synthesising key messages from multiple sources of current guidance and information.
Who is this course for?
What will you learn?
After completing this module you should understand:
- When and how to consult remotely and face to face during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Key clinical features and complications of COVID-19 in primary care, and how to manage them
- How to prioritise ongoing clinical care in general practice during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The role of general practitioners in identifying and advising shielded patients
- The importance of working safely in primary care during the pandemic, including appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE), and consideration of the wellbeing of GPs and other practice staff.